Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Change

I obtained my first piece of Moldavite several months ago, with my second piece about a month after that. Moldavite is a rather special stone. It is believed to come from a meteor that hit Earth some 15 million years ago. There are varying thoughts on the matter as to if it was the meteor itself, or if it was the way the earth changed at impact - either way the stone came from that event. Healing Crystals has some good information, also Shimmerlings, and Crystal Personalities - these are typically my go-to websites when I look up any crystal and it's properties.

All in all... this is a MAJOR transformational stone.

Most people can sense and feel this stone right off the bat, I am not one of those people. After I got the initial "ooh, pretty" on both look and feel, I haven't felt the stone much at all. I will say that every now and then it gives me a nudge of power/energy to let me know it's still there and doing its' thing. There are personal reports from people who wind up leaving relationships or other things in their lives after obtaining this stone to find that they had been in a stagnant situation that was beginning to harm them on many levels.

I got this stone in hopes of opening up certain closed off areas of my spiritual and energetic bodies. I still think it's possible for that to happen, however it seems that that is not the case for the foreseeable future - and that's okay. However, I'm feeling major change come my way.


I was actually headed to a full moon ritual when it dawned on me that this was the Moldavite working. I've been generally happy with my hair for some time now (I wouldn't let it grow to be as long as it is if I wasn't). I've been content with the slow moving progression of my weight and the goals I have for changing it. I've never been radical about what colours I dye my hair - red with simple blonde highlighting was the furthest I ever went with it. I do want more piercings and tattoos, but I've been okay with the slow progression of that too. I never had a phase where I just up and changed my look or presence in any fashion. In fact the most radical thing I did was probably changing my name. But somehow I feel that right now, this time, is time for me to go through some of that.

I don't know for sure what will come of this, but I do know that the jolt is going to be enough to get me further onto the right path. In the meantime I've been researching tattoo plans, piercing ideas, hairstyle choices - did you know that you can now donate colour treated hair to Locks of Love? Which means that depending on how short I cut my hair I can donate my base-of-the-spine length hair to the cause.

I'm also trying to find other ways to change up my physical appearance, though I'm coming up short on the matter. New clothes, and shoes to match, will come after I get fit. And as much as I want to do this, I somehow can't imagine 99% of my existing wardrobe matching even in the slightest. That may not be a problem for some people, but for a Scorpio with OCD issues it's just a bit too much to take in.

Now I'm stuck in a whirlwind of thoughts and ideas and plans and anything else of the like. Only problem is that I don't know what to do with, or about, any of it. Part of me is stuck on "this isn't suitable for a parent of a 3 year old", the rest of me is going "to hell with what people think, it's my body and my life - I'll do what I wish". Either way it's still difficult to find the time to do any of the things I'm thinking about, and I still have to work through/around that when I make any decisions.

UPDATE: I was able to donate 16 inches of my hair to Locks of Love, and 19 total inches were cut off. I dyed my hair a purple-ish red colour from Reshma Femme henna. And I'm LOVING it!

No comments:

Post a Comment