Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Brand New Day

Today I'm jumping in with both feet into this blogging assignment that I've taken on...

Shamelessly taken from the Zero to Hero page.
Day 1: Why am I here? Why have I started blogging? What do I hope to accomplish? etc. etc.

Looking back at my blogging history - I never did a "How do you do" post. So let me...

I created this space so that I could have an outlet, a place to share the various things happening in my life. To this day I still think this objective is true. I enjoy greatly having something come to mind, and having the freedom to put it all into this on space. This is my life, and what I'm doing with it. Sometimes it's nonsensical, sometimes it's something that I hold dear to my heart.

This year I'm hoping that I can figure out just exactly what it is I'm doing in this world, and if it's one I'm going to stay in. Maybe I'll gain a sense of direction. Maybe I'll be more crazy than I already am. All I know is that I'm not getting any younger, and today is the day that marks the beginning of the rest of my life. If I'm not doing something I love, or even care deeply about, then it's a waste. And life is too precious to waste.

Day 2: Create a title, and update the tag line accordingly. Also, create a widget. I'm starting to gather that widgets are a really cool thing that these Wordpress writers quite enjoy.

In revisiting my title and tag line I really like the name "What I  Call Life". Because this blog is not meant to cover one aspect of my life and I want to be free to write about whatever I choose, I think that title is fitting. I'm sure it could be more original, but I'm not great at playing with words in such a way that others would be able to understand.

My tag line "This is just me going through life, wandering about, and discovering things along my way". Again, this could probably use some updating - but again, I'm not sure how. I might change the "my" to "the", but beyond that I'm at a loss.

Back when I created this blog, I did spend a lot of time going over this stuff. I knew it would be a 'take it or leave it' item in the eyes of my readers. I hope that people haven't dismissed my page as a direct result of these items, and have actually given my posts a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment