Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Mind Games

Day 3 of this little adventure is writing about what made me want to blog in the first place.

I had originally started this blog as a journey into my single-parenthood. I wrote about my beautiful son, how he came to be, and the magic he possesses. Then I got wrapped up in actually being a mom. That post sat up on the interwebs for I don't know how long, it had 0 views (or close to it), and when I came back sometimes in 2012 I decided that that wasn't to be my main focus in this space. While I have and will continue to write about moments of my parenthood, I don't want this to be all baby all the time. I wanted the freedom to explore my writing.

When I finally started getting serious about blogging, I was into my Initiation year of becoming a Priestess within my coven. My magickal nature is not one that I hide, and is something I'm quite proud of in fact. So the first visible post is just that - my magickal journey. I thought that I wanted this space to be for magick specific topics, but that didn't happen - and is actually why there are only a handful of posts for 2012. Also, I moved - twice, and that took a lot out of me. (I'm still going through boxes if that gives you any idea.)

2013 came around and I just started writing. Whatever came to me - I put it down. It is what it is, and I'm proud I did it. I wanted to write more, and I'm sad that I didn't. Who knows how many countless entries I could have added if I had just sat down to write.

This year I plan to do just that - sit down to write when I feel the need, even if I don't have something clear and concise to put into writing.

I'm still trying to process just all that I want to accomplish in life. Part of me wants to write a book - of what, I do not know, yet it's still sitting there in the recesses of my mind. Blogging, to me, is the first step of that journey. If I can't commit to writing once a week, or when inspiration strikes, or on any other defined timetable - how can I possibly commit to writing a full book?

I'm also doing a lot of soul searching right now. I'm trying to figure out the ins and outs of my mind. What makes me tick, what makes me happy, sad, etc. This is a really visible way for me to do that. I have to hold myself accountable if I'm going to put it on the net. That's a big step to be taking.

Where I'm going - I don't know, but I'm committed to enjoying the ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment