Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Making Progress

My work on this Zero-to-Hero blogging project has been limited in this past week. In part, this is due to the days' workings not being compatible with Blogger. In part, this is from me picking up my knitting again - it's unfortunate that you can't knit and write at the same time.

In general I'm not very good at leaving comments for people, so those days were a challenge to begin with. However, I sort of followed through with Day 12 "From comment to blog post — be inspired by the community". A friend of mine takes part in the Pagan Blog Project every year (at the very least I heard about it from her last year and she started again last year). Following her Altars and Shrines post I was inspired to start myself. I'm still working on my posts, but I will catch up - this work will be on my other blog found here

Today's (Day 18) specific assignment is about social media and using it to your advantage. I don't share all of my posts on my Facebook or Twitter accounts, though I do share some. I am still building confidence in my work, and still trying to round out my practice with this all. I started this project during a 2 week holiday when I was mostly just sitting on my couch, and I kept up with it that first week back to the office... then I started to falter. 

Like I said, I picked up my knitting again. I'm working on this blanket, and I've finally updated the profile on it on my Ravelry account - note: you do need a free account to view. This image is one round past halfway. The final blanket will be 552 stitches round (about 38 inches), well square really. Though if I have enough yarn I'll go ahead and make the larger size, which is 888 stitches (about 48 inches).

I am quite happy with how it's turning out. The corners need some TLC when I get it off the needles, and hopefully all it will take is some heavy blocking. Even though I've had my challenges I'm looking forward to making another. So long as there are contrasting colors, this can be done fairly easily. The center is a trick unto itself, but everything after that is counting rows and remembering to do the increases. The original is in garter stitch, and I really would like to do another that was stockinette.  

Beyond that I've started back on the book I'm reading, it's still slow going - but it's nice to be reading again. I just wish I could do all of these things at the same time - read, write, knit, draw... All of the things that require either your hands or your total mental focus, or in the rare case both. I'm happy to be active and dong stuff all the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment