Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Changing it Up

Day 5 is all about changing the theme of the space. I cannot tell you how many hours I've gone through themes and layouts and whatnots with this specific space. Being someone with OCD issues and ADHD, the idea of changing something that I spent hours upon hours of tweaking to get it just.so is anxiety inducing. So. I am taking this task to my other blog - the one that is actually WordPress hosted: found here.

In the meantime, I'm going to openly explore my choices in 1) having two blogs, and 2) why I'm using different companies for this purpose. As the prompt for the day actually brings up the different places people have their blogs (and bless them for adding in the non-WordPress features for those of us not using their services in this project).

First things first, why do I have two blogs? Simple - I wanted one for my everyday non-committal type posts (this one), and I wanted one so that I could openly explore my journey into the Tarot (and other magickal things) without cluttering the space or confusing either genre of readers. For those who stick around for life experience - this is your spot. For those who are interested in how I go about my magickal practice - the other is for you. Or hang out in both :)

I am still developing and shaping the other blog space, and thus why I'm taking the more creative aspect of today's assignment there. I have 3 posts up - April & May 2013, and January 2014. Two of them are Tarot readings, and the other is a Welcome post. I do want to offer regular readings and explain my take on the cards, but somehow I feel that only doing that is just a waste of the technology WordPress has to offer, and somehow limiting in my expression.

Which leads me into part two - why two different companies instead of just creating separate space on one of them? Simple - I wanted to see what each had to offer. Without playing with them both how can I possibly decide where to keep my things? I know people who use each site, and from just looking alone I couldn't tell which would meet my needs better.

I do enjoy the simplicity of Blogger/Blogspot, it's user friendly and really nice when I just want to type and go. However, WordPress has a lot more customization options. Obviously not having too many posts up means I haven't explored things too thoroughly, but in the past week or two that I've been playing around shows me that it will likely meet, and possibly surpass, my needs and allow me true freedom.

So then I get into complicated territory... Do I maintain both places as they are? Do I move all of my posts over (whether I remove them from the unused blog space or not)? Do I not move my posts, but only update on the one space and just let the other die out? Do I, do I, do I? I don't know. I am starting to lean towards just moving everything over and continuing where I left off though. But then do I keep two separate blogs still? Do I wrap my tarot/other specific exploits all into the main "What I Call Life?"? Do I change the name? Given that the other blog still doesn't actually have a name, I do have a lot of freedom around this - I would anyways, but I think I've got more options since I don't.

Many thoughts, many many thoughts. And since the start of this Zero-to-Hero project, I'm also considering going out and buying my little corner of the internet. I may not have a following base, and I might never, but it's exciting to think about. However, that too brings on it's own set of complications if I continue this "2 blogs" thing. We'll see :)

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment